DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
Minimum Entry Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme;
- Applicant must have a Master’s Degree from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognised by the Senate;
- First class Bachelor graduates (CGPA 3.67/4.00) and above may apply for Fast Track PhD (terms and condition apply)
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (FAST TRACK)
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor Degree with Honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognised by the Senate with CGPA 3.67/4.00 and above.
- Applicants shall be call for an interview prior being offered a place in UTHM postgraduate program. The interview panel members shall include TWO (2) representative from the respective faculty, ONE (1) reperentative from UTHM Centre for Graduate Studies and ONE (1) UTHM Senate member.
- The Fast Track Research Proposal shall be evaluated in accordance to the rubric (Download)
- Applicants who complies with the interview requirements shall be offered a place in UTHM Doctor of Philosophy (Fast Track) program.
- Applicants who do not meet or satisfy the interview requirements shall be offered a place in UTHM Master Program (by research).
Minimum Entry Requirements for Master Degree Programme;
a) Applicant must have a Bachelor Degree with Honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognised by the Senate with cumulative grade points average (CGPA) as follows:
|Research||2.75 ; Except for KIT - Master of Information Technology (CGPA 3.00)|
|Coursework||2.50 ; Except for MPA - Master of Business Administration (CGPA 3.00)|
*The above mentioned list of CGPA is the general minimum qualification need to be fulfilled. Please refer to the specific requirement for the academic programme programme to be applied
b) Applicant with a bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent not meeting the minimum CGPA (as listed above) can be accepted subjected to the minimum working experience in the relevant field.
*(ONE (1) year working experience equivalence to 0.1 CGPA)
c) Applicant with a bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent not meeting the minimum CGPA without any relevant working experience must undergo and pass (with a minimum of grade B) appropriate enhancement courses determined by the faculty and meet the minimum CGPA based on (a).
(ONE (1) enhancement courses equivalence to 0.1 CGPA)
d) Applicant with the age of 30 and above (on the year of application) with APEL T7 qualification can be accepted (limited to coursework and mixed mode programmes with area of study as listed below):
1. Business Administration; Pentadbiran Perniagaan
2. Performing Arts; Seni Persembahan
3. Information Technology; Teknologi Maklumat
4. Education; Pendidikan
5. Management; Pengurusan
6. Science; Sains
7. Occupational Health and Safety; Kesihatan dan Keselamatan Pekerjaan
8. Media Education; Pengajian media
9. Journalism, Kewartawaran
10. Visual Communication; Komunikasi Visual
11. Media Communication; Komunikasi Media
12. Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering; Kejuruteraan Mekanikal dan Pembuatan
13. Electronic Engineering; Kejuruteraan Electronik
14. Communication Engineering; Kejuruteraan Komunikasi
15. Civil Engineering; Kejuruteraan Awam
16. Chemical Engineering; Kejuruteraan Kimia
17. Software Engineering; Kejuruteraan Perisian
18. Computer Science; Sains Komputer
19. Information System; Sistem Maklumat
MINIMUM ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS;
1. Applicants should fulfill the minimum English proficiency level of either :
|English proficiency level||Mimimum Score|
|IELTS (academic overall band score)||5.0|
|TOEFL paper based||500|
* Except for Master of Business Administration (TOEFL paper based 550 / TOEFL iBT 80 / IELTS 6.0 / MUET band 4.0)
2. Applicants who graduated with academic qualification from Higher Learning Institutions in Malaysia recognized by the Senate are eligible to apply for exemption from the English Language Proficiency requirements.
3. Applicants who graduated with academic qualification from Higher Learning Institutions from foreign countries listed as the English Speaking Countries are eligible to apply for exemption from the English Language Proficiency requirements.
English Speaking Countries (Effective from Semester I Session 2015/2016)
*Nigeria *India *Pakistan *Sudan *USA *Anguilla *Australia *Antigua & Barbuda *Bermuda *British Virgin Island *Bahamas *Barbados *Bangladesh *Canada *Cayman Island *Christmas Island *Cook Island *Falkland Island *Fiji *Ghana *Gibraltar *Grenada *Guam *Guernsey *Guyana *Hong Kong *Ireland *Isle of Man *Jersey *Jamaica *Kiribati *Kenya *Liberia *Malawi *Malta *Marshall Island *Mauritius *Montserrat *Micronesia *Namibia *Nauru *New Zealand *Niue *Norfolk Island *Papua New Guinea *Puerto Rico *Palau *Philippines *Rwanda *Singapore *Saint Lucia *Samoa *Saint Vincent & The Grenadines *St Helena *Saint Kitts & Nevis *Seychelles *Sierra Leone *Solomon Island *South Africa *Swaziland *Tanzania *Tonga *Trinidad & Tobago *Turks & Caicos Island *Uganda *United Kingdom *US Virgin Island *Zambia
- Hits: 24667