1. How can I check on the student fees?
>> Students can check for the rates and types of fees at the Bursary's Office website.
2. When is the deadline for fees to be paid by the student?
>> Students must pay all fees within three weeks after the semester begins, except for the sponsored students.
3. What methods can be used to pay the fees?
>> The payment of fees can be done using the following methods : -
i . Debit card or cash at the Bursary counter
ii . Bank Draft / Money Order in the name of Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
iii . Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad slip for the registration of new students
4. Should I postpone the study, can I ask for refund of the fees that have been paid?
>> Students who are given permission for leave of absence after the mid-semester have to pay the fees in full. Those who are given the permission before the mid-semester break will have to pay half of the tuition fees. However the service fee must be fully settled.
5. How many times is a student allowed a conversion of candidature from full-time to part-time and vice-versa?
>> Conversions of status is only allowed ONCE during a candidature period, with the approval of the Dean of the Centre for Graduate Studies.
6. My candidature will lapse in about 4 months time. To whom and where should I request for an extension?
>> An extension of candidature must be made to the Dean of Centre for Graduate Studies at least 2 months prior to the expiration date of the candidature. For this purpose, a formal letter of appeal must be written to the Dean of Centre for Graduate Studies.
7. I wish to terminate my candidature. Who should I inform?
>> Withdrawal from continuing your studies can be made to the Dean of Centre for Graduate Studies by filling the Study Withdrawal Form.
8. As a research student, when my candidature lapses in July, do I need to re-register?
>> If your candidature lapses in July and provided that you have completed your research i.e. submitted 4 copies of your thesis, you still have to re-register to activate your status as a student until the viva is over. Should there be no progress as yet, you need to apply for an extension and re-register too. Otherwise you will be terminated by UTHM.
9. I wish to change my candidature from coursework to research. What shall I do?
>> You need to fill in the Change of Programme Form.
10. I wish to postpone my studies as my company will be sending me on an overseas assignment.What is the procedure?
>> Approval for postponement of studies must be made to the Dean of Centre for Graduate Studies by filling in the Suspension of Studies Request Form.